How common: Java in HTML ?

sb5309

I tried to run a java program on an HTML page yesterday; it did not
run.

After much ado, I discovered by chance that my browser (Opeara) has
not enabled Java program.

Do people usually disable their Java program option ? Just curious.

Thanks.

Roedy Green

After much ado, I discovered by chance that my browser (Opeara) has
not enabled Java program.

Do people usually disable their Java program option ? Just curious.

Opera does that by default. Why? Who knows. It is not dangerous.
Microsoft does it because Java aids code that its not tied to Windows
breaking their lock.

Roedy Green

A follow up on this. Does this disabling in Opera et. c. mean that both
applets and Java Web Start programs are prevented from running? We have
been talking about both approaches in our development team.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/opera.html

You have to make sure an association is set up for Opera to run JNLP
files. You can run a little JavaScript to figure out if JWS is set
up. See http://mindprod.com/webstart/setclock.html

The current Opera beta won't run Applets, but will run JWS.