How do I forward MSMQ messages to a web service?

Robert Rossney

I know one way to forward MSMQ messages to a web service: build an
executable that retrieves a message from a queue and posts its contents
to a web service, and then configure a trigger on the message queue that
will launch the executable when a message gets dropped in the queue.

Is there a better way?

Bob Rossney
(e-mail address removed)

netnews.microsoft.com

Another way to do it:

Create a Windows Service that is running continuously. Have it spawn a
listener thread and wait for incoming messages. Inside the listener thread
process each message as they come in. This will reduce overhead by caused by