How do you change the TARGETDIR property in a Web App setup project?

Robert Barron

The web app setup project is great except for one limitiation. You
can't specify the target directory for the virtual folder. What is up
with that? I've been reading posts and documentation that it works
that way by design, and I'm having a hard time believing there isn't a
workaround for this.

What I need is very simple. You have the following options in a Web
App setup UI dialog

* Port
* Virtual Folder Name

I want to add another text box for the user to specify the target
directory, and that value stick when the setup completes. I know that
it uses the TARGETDIR property, but how can I override this with a
value the user enteres during setup?

Any help on this would be appreciated.