How should I debug this?

Jeff

hi

asp.net 3.5

I need to debug an Httphandler to see if it handles IPN form PayPal okay

My computer is behind a router. All webrequests are directed to my server
(not this computer), So I think I need to publish the HttpHandler on the
server.. But how do I then debug it from my developing box?

All I need to see in the debug is that I get the correct respons and that my
code does the correct things... I don't need to go step-by-step (would be
nice if I could, just in case there is some error I don't understand why)...
but instead for example write some output to a database or a file

any ideas how to approach this?

Gregory A. Beamer

hi

asp.net 3.5

I need to debug an Httphandler to see if it handles IPN form PayPal
okay

My computer is behind a router. All webrequests are directed to my
server (not this computer), So I think I need to publish the
HttpHandler on the server.. But how do I then debug it from my
developing box?

All I need to see in the debug is that I get the correct respons and
that my code does the correct things... I don't need to go
step-by-step (would be nice if I could, just in case there is some
error I don't understand why)... but instead for example write some
output to a database or a file

any ideas how to approach this?

I have never done this personally, but my undestanding is it is as easy
as launching the debugger in your handler code:

System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch();

Account running ASP.NET must be in the debuggers group.

I would assume you could also attach the process to the debugger in
Visual Studio. You will have to google on which process to attach, but
most likely the ASP.NET worker process.