How to change default sql server?

MXC

I am learning asp.net

while I try to add SQL server database to ASP NET Application or Web Site
project, I message show up:
Connections to SQL Server files(*mdf) require SQL server Express 2005 to
function properly.

My laptop has SQL server 2008 standard version insatlled.
I tried install SQL server Express 2005 but always failed.

How to change default sql server from SQL server Express 2005 to SQL server
2008?
I check web.config of new web site project, I do not find SQL server
Express 2005 in this file.

help needed

Thanks

Mr. Arnold

MXC said:
My laptop has SQL server 2008 standard version insatlled.
I tried install SQL server Express 2005 but always failed.

You alrady had SQL server on the machine. Why do you need Express SQL
server?

MXC

When I try add a new item of SQL Server Database in App_Data or try to open
a mdf file, I get the error message:

Connections to SQL Server Files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to
function properly. Please verify the installation of the component or
download from the URl: http:go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkID=49251

MXC

My problem is solved.
VS check if the SQL Server Express 9 or higher version is installed when you
try to add a mdf file.
So even I installed SQL server 2009 standard version I still have to install
express version.
install SQL server 2005 express failed but install SQL server 2009 was
success.

Guest

My problem is solved.
VS check if the SQL Server Express 9 or higher version is installed when you
try to add a mdf file.
So even I installed SQL server 2009 standard version I still have to install
express version.
install SQL server 2005 express  failed but install SQL server 2009 was
success.

Yes, you need SQL Express if you want to use mdf and App_Data.

You can use standard version too. In this case your database must be
created on the appropriate server and connection string (usually in
the web.config file) must be changed to that server.