how to convert color in style "#e6e6e6" to color object in vb.net

moondaddy

I have a color I want to set via code. the color from the style is
"#e6e6e6". The only property I saw that came close to what I need is
color.fromAargb(). How can I translate this color into something .net can
use.

Matt Berther

Hello moondaddy,
I have a color I want to set via code. the color from the style is
"#e6e6e6". The only property I saw that came close to what I need is
color.fromAargb(). How can I translate this color into something .net
can use.

Try Color.FromArgb(0xe6e6e6);

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Moondaddy,

From your description, you'd like to convert the web color's string hex
value(string) into a System.Drawing.Color class's instance, yes?

In think the System.Drawing.ColorTranslator class is the one you want, it
has a member function called "FromHtml" which can help translate a web
color's string hex value into a Color instance, for example:

Color clr = ColorTranslator.FromHtml("#0000FF");
will return a color instance(clr) which represent the following color:
Color [A=255, R=0, G=0, B=255]

In addtion, below is the ColorTranslator class's document in MSDN:

#ColorTranslator Class
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdrawingcolortr
anslatorclasstopic.asp?frame=true

#ColorTranslator.FromHtml Method
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDrawingColorTr
anslatorClassFromHtmlTopic.asp?frame=true

Hope helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support