    "#e6e6e6". The only property I saw that came close to what I need is
    color.fromAargb(). How can I translate this color into something .net can
    use.

    moondaddy, Apr 27, 2004

  2. moondaddy

    Matt Berther Guest

    Hello moondaddy,
    Try Color.FromArgb(0xe6e6e6);

    Matt Berther, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Hi Moondaddy,

    From your description, you'd like to convert the web color's string hex
    value(string) into a System.Drawing.Color class's instance, yes?

    In think the System.Drawing.ColorTranslator class is the one you want, it
    has a member function called "FromHtml" which can help translate a web
    color's string hex value into a Color instance, for example:

    Color clr = ColorTranslator.FromHtml("#0000FF");
    will return a color instance(clr) which represent the following color:
    Color [A=255, R=0, G=0, B=255]

    In addtion, below is the ColorTranslator class's document in MSDN:

    #ColorTranslator Class
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdrawingcolortr
    anslatorclasstopic.asp?frame=true

    #ColorTranslator.FromHtml Method
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDrawingColorTr
    anslatorClassFromHtmlTopic.asp?frame=true

    Hope helps. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 28, 2004
  4. moondaddy

    moondaddy Guest

    Thanks Matt and Steven. the colorTranslator did it for me.

    moondaddy, Apr 28, 2004