How to create a html page with "Back" button disabled

Nick Li

Hi,

I need to create a html page so that "Back" button(or some other
button) is disabled in IE browser.

I would appreciate your help.

Nick Li

McKirahan

Nick Li said:
Hi,

I need to create a html page so that "Back" button(or some other
button) is disabled in IE browser.

I would appreciate your help.

Nick Li

You can't disable the Back button completely as "Alt+LeftArrow" does the
same thing.

Use "window.open()" -- there's no going back!

Search Google's "Groups" for "disable Back button"; it's been asked before!

Ivan Marsh

Hi,

I need to create a html page so that "Back" button(or some other
button) is disabled in IE browser.

I would appreciate your help.

If you're talking about a back button on your page add DISABLED to the
HTML element.

If you're talking about the back button on the application toolbar:

DO NOT disable my back button!!!!!!!

That goes on the list of unexceptable programming behavior right below
pop-ups and resizing the browser.

Grant Wagner

<url: http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_2 />

--
| Grant Wagner <[email protected]>

*

*

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

[disabling the back button]
That goes on the list of unexceptable programming behavior right below
pop-ups and resizing the browser.

Above (if it was possible)! Usability studies have shown the back
button to be the *second* *most* *used* navigation method in a browser
(the most used being clicking on a link). So if someone disables the
back button, he interferes with one of the things the user depends on
the most.

I prefer the visible, although obnoxious, popups and resizings. They are
easily recognizable, and I can leave immediately (and most of them are
blocked by my browser anyway).

/L

kaeli

ningli2000 said:
Hi,

I need to create a html page so that "Back" button(or some other
button) is disabled in IE browser.

I would appreciate your help.

Nick Li

Try coding properly instead.