How to create PDF file in C# without using 3rd party component?

Hongbo

Hi,

I'd like to create PDF file with tables in ASP.NET application in C#
without using any third party component.

I did some search online and only found the following link:
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com//1/PDFFileGeneratorPKS.asp

The code was published by Pramod Kumar Singh. His code
didn't use any component, but it lacks the detail of the syntax
of forming a PDF file in C#.

Would you please give me some tips or links from where I can
find the way or the syntax to form a PDF file in C#?

Thank you

Hongbo

Bruce Barker

a pdf file is basically a compressed postscript file. postscript is really a
graphics language, not a markup language (like html), it does not nativily
support tables, etc. most of the pdf libraries or components give a drawing
api to produce pdf, or a print driver to produce pdf.

on sourceforge you can find itextsharp (a port of the java based itext
library). it has simple table support.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

vishal.mehta

Hi All,

I work for a company that has a product that will allow you to create
PDF documents with tables using C#. The assembly is 100% managed and
uses only safe code. The company name is ceTe Software and the name of
the product is DynamicPDF Generator for .NET. Following is the link to
the download of fully functional evaluation version
http://www.cete.com/Products/GeneratorForNET/Download.csp. Look at the
TableReport example which shows how to use the Table object. The
examples are downloaded with the product download.

Vishal Mehta