    select * from tUserRole where UserId=1

    or is there any other better way ? I wonder because there are more complex
    joined queries from database.I have to map them to the dataset.

    Ersin Gençtürk, Jan 19, 2005

  2. You need to make your mind what you want. If you want to work against 2
    tables, you have to run 2 separate queries, like you write. You can't fill 2
    tables from one select query. You can do it with a stored procedure or a
    batch query that return 2 recordsets.

    You may decide that you need only one table. For example, if you want to
    show both user and user role fields in the same grid. Than you should make
    just one table that will contain fields from the joined select.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 19, 2005