    D:\myWebSite\firstDotNetWebApp\

    Some how to do that ?

    thx

    PHaroZ, Nov 26, 2003

  2. PHaroZ

    SSW Guest

    Server.MapPath("MyWebSite");

    HTH

    Thanks,

    sswalia

    SSW, Nov 26, 2003

  3. PHaroZ

    Rob Meade Guest

    Server.MapPath( Path)

    ** Copied from a search in Visual Studio for mappath **

    For the examples below, the file Data.txt is located in the directory,
    C:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\Script, along with the Test.asp file that contains the
    following scripts. The C:\Inetpub\Wwwroot directory is set as the server's
    home directory.

    The following example uses the server variable PATH_INFO to map the physical
    path of the current file.

    <%= Server.MapPath(Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO"))%><BR>

    The preceding script produces the following output:

    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script\test.asp<BR>

    Because the path parameters in the following examples do not start with a
    slash character, they are mapped relative to the current directory, in this
    case C:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\Script.

    <%= Server.MapPath("data.txt")%><BR>
    <%= Server.MapPath("script/data.txt")%><BR>

    The preceding scripts produce the following output:

    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script\data.txt<BR>
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script\script\data.txt<BR>

    The next two examples use the slash characters to specify that the path
    returned should be looked up as complete virtual paths on the server.

    <%= Server.MapPath("/script/data.txt")%><BR>
    <%= Server.MapPath("\script")%><BR>

    The preceding scripts produce the following output:

    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script\data.txt<BR>
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script<BR>

    The following examples demonstrate how you can use either a forward slash
    (/) or a backslash (\) to return the physical path to the home directory of
    the Web site root.

    <%= Server.MapPath("/")%><BR>
    <%= Server.MapPath("")%><BR>

    The preceding scripts produce the following output:

    c:\inetpub\wwwroot<BR>
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot<BR>

    The following example demonstrates how you can use relative paths to return
    the relative physical path to the page that is being viewed in the Web
    browser.

    <%= Server.MapPath("../")%><BR>
    <%= Server.MapPath("..")%><BR>

    Hope this helps.

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Nov 26, 2003
  4. PHaroZ

    Jos Guest

    Server.MapPath(".")

    Jos, Nov 26, 2003
  5. PHaroZ

    sharmaravika

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This will give you the desired result

    Directory.GetParent(HttpContext.Current.Request.PhysicalPath).Parent.FullName

    sharmaravika, Jun 15, 2012
  6. PHaroZ

    akash02sap

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    aspx code:-
    -----------------
    <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server" >

    <asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server" />

    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
    <asp:Label ID="lbl_path" runat="server"></asp:Label>
    <asp:Label ID="path_lbl" runat="server"></asp:Label>

    </form>

    aspx.vb code:-
    --------------------------
    Imports System.IO

    Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    lbl_path.Text = FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName

    Dim path1 As String = "\" + lbl_path.Text

    Dim fullPath As String

    fullPath = Path.GetFullPath(FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName)
    Console.WriteLine("GetFullPath('{0}') returns '{1}'", path1, fullPath)

    path_lbl.Text = Path.GetFullPath(FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName)
    Console.WriteLine("GetFullPath('{0}') returns '{1}'", path1, fullPath)

    End Sub

    akash02sap, Aug 17, 2012