How to get Full Path of current directory ? (ASP.net)

PHaroZ

Hi,

I want to retrieve the complete full path to the directory
of my current page but i don't find how to do that.
For example i want : D:\myWebSite\firstDotNetWebApp\dir1\

I tried "AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory" but it's
return only the path to my WebApplication, ex :
D:\myWebSite\firstDotNetWebApp\

Some how to do that ?

thx

Rob Meade

Some how to do that ?

Server.MapPath( Path)

** Copied from a search in Visual Studio for mappath **

For the examples below, the file Data.txt is located in the directory,
C:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\Script, along with the Test.asp file that contains the
following scripts. The C:\Inetpub\Wwwroot directory is set as the server's
home directory.

The following example uses the server variable PATH_INFO to map the physical
path of the current file.

<%= Server.MapPath(Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO"))%><BR>

The preceding script produces the following output:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script\test.asp<BR>

Because the path parameters in the following examples do not start with a
slash character, they are mapped relative to the current directory, in this
case C:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\Script.

<%= Server.MapPath("data.txt")%><BR>
<%= Server.MapPath("script/data.txt")%><BR>

The preceding scripts produce the following output:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script\data.txt<BR>
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script\script\data.txt<BR>

The next two examples use the slash characters to specify that the path
returned should be looked up as complete virtual paths on the server.

<%= Server.MapPath("/script/data.txt")%><BR>
<%= Server.MapPath("\script")%><BR>

The preceding scripts produce the following output:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script\data.txt<BR>
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\script<BR>

The following examples demonstrate how you can use either a forward slash
(/) or a backslash (\) to return the physical path to the home directory of
the Web site root.

<%= Server.MapPath("/")%><BR>
<%= Server.MapPath("")%><BR>

The preceding scripts produce the following output:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot<BR>
c:\inetpub\wwwroot<BR>

The following example demonstrates how you can use relative paths to return
the relative physical path to the page that is being viewed in the Web
browser.

<%= Server.MapPath("../")%><BR>
<%= Server.MapPath("..")%><BR>

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rob

Joined
Jun 15, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I want to retrieve the complete full path to the directory
of my current page but i don't find how to do that.
For example i want : D:\myWebSite\firstDotNetWebApp\dir1\

I tried "AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory" but it's
return only the path to my WebApplication, ex :
D:\myWebSite\firstDotNetWebApp\

Some how to do that ?

thx

This will give you the desired result

Directory.GetParent(HttpContext.Current.Request.PhysicalPath).Parent.FullName

Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
aspx code:-
-----------------
<form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server" >

<asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server" />

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
<asp:Label ID="lbl_path" runat="server"></asp:Label>
<asp:Label ID="path_lbl" runat="server"></asp:Label>

</form>

aspx.vb code:-
--------------------------
Imports System.IO

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
lbl_path.Text = FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName

Dim path1 As String = "\" + lbl_path.Text

Dim fullPath As String

fullPath = Path.GetFullPath(FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName)
Console.WriteLine("GetFullPath('{0}') returns '{1}'", path1, fullPath)

path_lbl.Text = Path.GetFullPath(FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName)
Console.WriteLine("GetFullPath('{0}') returns '{1}'", path1, fullPath)

End Sub