    know the exact rules, as strings like this often come up in exception
    stack traces. Where is this documented? Would the JLS cover this in
    a readable form?

    david.karr, Jun 16, 2009

  2. Look at
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jvms/second_edition/html/ClassFile.doc.html#7035

    Mike Schilling, Jun 16, 2009

  3. david.karr

    David Karr Guest

    Thanks. Understanding it completely actually requires moving up a
    page or two to section "4.3 Descriptors". This makes it all clear.

    David Karr, Jun 16, 2009
  4. david.karr

    Roedy Green Guest

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/signature.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    If everyone lived the way people do in Vancouver, we would need three more entire planets to support us.
    ~ Guy Dauncey

    Roedy Green, Jun 16, 2009
  5. Joshua Cranmer, Jun 16, 2009