  1. I tried the following to invoke javascript in ASP.NET page, but it didnt
    work. Any ideas??

    Response.Write("<script language=""JavaScript"">alert('Hello')</script>")

    Matthew Louden, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Matthew,

    Using Response.Write will work, but you have no control over where the
    script is written unless you use inline script delimiters. A better option
    would be to use RegisterClientScriptBlock or RegisterStartupScript along
    with a StringBuilder object to dynamically build your script. Bear in mind
    that if you know what the script needs to be, you can just add it to HTML
    view as you would with an HTML file. You would only need to use
    server-side code for your script if you need to programmtically write your
    script.

    Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
    Developer Support
    ASP.NET