How to javascript Detail Text Box when Hovering over Images

prubin

Hello. I've noticed a neat kind of text detail box that comes up when
you hover over the movie thumbnail images on http://www.netflix.com/

How does one go about coding for this?

Sincerely,
Paul Rubin
(e-mail address removed)

RobB

Hello. I've noticed a neat kind of text detail box that comes up when
you hover over the movie thumbnail images on http://www.netflix.com/

How does one go about coding for this?

Sincerely,
Paul Rubin
(e-mail address removed)

Looks a bit like the googlemaps balloon...it's done with JS, pngs, MS
filters & a slew of CSS. Not for the faint-hearted. View-source...

prubin

Thanks again Rob for the tooltip link. One more question: when I put
images in the tooltip popup, the browser wants to preload all the
images on page loading. Is there any way to prevent the browser from
preloading them all, and force it to load only the one needed on
demand, when required by the specific tooltip?

Sincerely,
Paul