How to make login script case sensitive

Guest

Hi,

I have a login script and right now it is not case sensitive. I want to make
it case sensitive. The userid and password is stored in MS Access DB and not
in web.config. Can someone give me some clue as how to do it?

I have pasted my code to give you an idea as what code I have. This code
works fine. I only want to make it case sensitive.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Dim DBConn As OleDbConnection
Dim DSLogin As New DataSet
Dim CmdStr As String
Dim DBCmd As New OleDbCommand
Dim DBSelect As New OleDbCommand
Dim pathStr As String
Dim dtrResults As OleDBDataReader
Dim TheDomain As String
Dim ThePath As String

pathStr = "E:\mole"
DBConn = New OleDbConnection("PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" _
& "DATA SOURCE=" _
& pathStr + "\databases\xyz.mdb")
DBConn.Open()

CmdStr =("Select userid, password from logins Where page = abc' AND
userid= @uid AND password = @Password")
DBSelect = new OleDbCommand(CmdStr, DBconn)
DBSelect.Parameters.Add("@uid", OleDbType.VarChar, 255)
DBSelect.Parameters("@uid").Value = txtUserID.Text
DBSelect.Parameters.Add("@Password", OleDbType.VarChar, 255)
DBSelect.Parameters("@Password").Value = txtPwd.Text
dtrResults = DBSelect.ExecuteReader()
if dtrResults.Read()
dtrResults.Close()
DBConn.Close()
lblMessage.Text = "Please enter correct login info."
Response.Redirect("wp_request.aspx?y=007")
else
dtrResults.Close()
CmdStr = "Insert into users ([name], [company], , [request_date],
[ip], [userid], [password]) values ('" & txtName.Text & "','" &
txtCompany.Text & "','" & txtEmail.Text & "','" & DateTime.Now() & "','" &
Request.UserHostAddress() & "','" & txtUserID.Text & "','" & txtPwd.Text &
"')"
DBCmd = New OleDbCommand(CmdStr, DBConn)
DBCmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

DBConn.Close()

TheDomain = ".www.something.com"
ThePath = "/somefoldeer"
Response.Cookies("Somecookie").Value = txtName.Text '("ID")
Response.Cookies("Somecookie ").Expires = DateTime.Now.AddDays(1)
'DateAdd("d", 1, Now()) '#Dec 31, 2004#
Response.Cookies("Somecookie").Domain = TheDomain
Response.Cookies("Somecookie").Path = ThePath

Response.redirect("constructor.aspx?y=")
End If

jongalloway

Access comparisons are case insensitive. To do a case sensitive
comparison, use the STRCOMP() function:

CmdStr =("Select userid, password from logins Where page = abc' AND
STRCOMP(userid,@uid,0)=0 AND STRCOMP(password,@Password,0)=0")

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...y/en-us/office97/html/output/F1/D6/S5B2B8.asp

The third parameter in STRCOMP can be 0,1,2; 0 means binary compare so
it will be a case sensitive match. Return of 0 means the first two
parameters are equal.

- Jon
http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway