How to make navigation buttons appear on all pages?

Adrienne Boswell

Yes, can be, If the include is just static HTML it would be ok, but
if there is any scripting one should use PHP to prevent looking at PHP
source and only have the result visible. '.inc' many times is not
registered on server could be accessed directly as plain text. Would
be a bad thing if the include was the setup for accessing site's
database, eh?

-- database.inc --
<?php
$user='admin';
$password='verysecret';

So bottom line is if just plain HTML, sure call the include
'something.html', but if has anything sensitive, better to use
'something.php'

My naming convention is whatpart_inc.php or whatpart_inc.asp. I do this
because a) it saves me thinking time; b) using _inc, I can still do a
search based on file name; c) I very often include server side code in
my includes so, they still need that extension.

David Segall

Jonathan N. Little said:
I'm sorry but to me "I want to build my own website but I do not want to
learn anything about HTML" is a akin to "I want to build my house but I
do not want to learn anything about carpentry". If that is the case,
hire a carpenter!
I see nothing wrong with a kit log cabin or a kit web site. I think
that expecting someone to learn HTML is excessive if all they want is
a web site to tell their club members the date of the next meeting. I
regard it as equivalent to expecting someone who uses a word processor
to know the codes that it uses for formatting.

Toby A Inkster

http://www.latex-project.org/intro.html

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Geek of ~ HTML/CSS/Javascript/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python*/Apache/Linux

* = I'm getting there!

Jonathan N. Little

Adrienne said:
My naming convention is whatpart_inc.php or whatpart_inc.asp. I do this
because a) it saves me thinking time; b) using _inc, I can still do a
search based on file name; c) I very often include server side code in
my includes so, they still need that extension.

I do something similar, somefile.inc.php and myObject.class.php ... I
also have a calling constant that must be set in the calling script or
the module will:

if(!defined('SOME_SECRET_CONSTANT')) {
die("Can't access this module file directly");

dorayme

David Segall said:
I see nothing wrong with a kit log cabin or a kit web site. I think
that expecting someone to learn HTML is excessive if all they want is
a web site to tell their club members the date of the next meeting. I
regard it as equivalent to expecting someone who uses a word processor
to know the codes that it uses for formatting.

Yes, ok, fair enough. But remember the history of this thread. OP
asks for advice about a particular matter. He is given advice and
shows no curiosity about any of it, including the simplest most
low tech pointers by the being most in touch with ordinary
earthlings, namely a martian.

Joe (GKF)

3. I go back and think nicer things of the schmuck, even refer to
him as a mensch, because success has mellowed me.
that's funny, you don't LOOK Jewish.

(what with the green skin and tenticles and all)

dorayme

Joe (GKF) said:
that's funny, you don't LOOK Jewish.

(what with the green skin and tenticles and all)

OK Joe... that's it. Time to roll this out:

A Brooklynite tourist was strolling through Hong Kong when he
spied a synagogue. He entered and, sure enough, he found a
Chinese Rabbi and a Chinese congregation. Even though he spoke no
Chinese, he was touched by the service. The rabbi stood by the
door greeting his congregants, When the Brooklynite shook the
rabbi's hand, the rabbi asked, "You Jew?" The man answered "Yes"
The rabbi replied, "Funny, you don't look Jewish"!

Joe (GKF)

OK Joe... that's it. Time to roll this out:

A Brooklynite tourist was strolling through Hong Kong when he
spied a synagogue. He entered and, sure enough, he found a
Chinese Rabbi and a Chinese congregation. Even though he spoke no
Chinese, he was touched by the service. The rabbi stood by the
door greeting his congregants, When the Brooklynite shook the
rabbi's hand, the rabbi asked, "You Jew?" The man answered "Yes"
The rabbi replied, "Funny, you don't look Jewish"!
yes, and later on the same trip, the guy went to Hawaii
He gets off the plane and asks the first person he sees, who happens to
be a rabbi -
"Tell me, I've always wondered - do you pronounce it Ha-Why-ee
or Ha-Vye-ee"
The rabbi says "Ha-Vye-ee"
Our hero says "Thank you very much"
The rabbi says "You're Velcome"

Thank you, thank you - I'm here all week.

dorayme

Joe (GKF) said:
yes, and later on the same trip, the guy went to Hawaii
He gets off the plane and asks the first person he sees, who happens to
be a rabbi -
"Tell me, I've always wondered - do you pronounce it Ha-Why-ee
or Ha-Vye-ee"

My antennae are picking up very loud groans...