how to make panel control display in its desire position

Joe Au

I first add a grid layout panel control to a web form, then put a data
grid inside the panel. When I run the web form, the data grid is filled
up but it throws outside the panel control. The panel control does not
grow automatically to contain the entire data grid. How can I fix it?
Beside, if I put a panel control under a data grid, the panel control
still in its position no matter how many rows to be shown on the data
grid. I think it may be a similar problem as above.
Thanks a lot.

Craig Deelsnyder

I first add a grid layout panel control to a web form, then put a data
grid inside the panel. When I run the web form, the data grid is filled
up but it throws outside the panel control. The panel control does not
grow automatically to contain the entire data grid. How can I fix it?
Beside, if I put a panel control under a data grid, the panel control
still in its position no matter how many rows to be shown on the data
grid. I think it may be a similar problem as above.
Thanks a lot.

are you sure there isn't a height/width set on the panel control (which
happens if you grab and expand it in the designer view)? The panel gets
rendered as a div, and I just tested a panel containing a 5000px table w/
an orange background, and I could see it scrolling horizontally.

Joe Au

Thanks Craig. Can I have your piece of code so that I can see how to set
the property of the panel? Thanks.