How to move parameters for one aspx to the next?

me

Page 1 collects some inputs from the client. It validates
the inputs on postback and then forwards to Page 2. How do I
make the inputs available to Page 2? If I use Server.Transfer()
then the inputs can be read again by Page 2, but Transfer()
has some sideeffects I dont want because the client thinks
Page 2 is the same as Page 1. If I use Response.Redirect()
then the inputs are lost. I cant send the inputs along in the
url in redirect() because there are too many. I dont want to
put them in session variables because if the live for the hole
session then weird things happens if the user makes shortcuts
- ie types name of page directly instead of using the links the
website provides. Storing the vars in a database between pages
is a little too much work. What is the correct way to forward
the vars?

Martin Dechev

Hi, me,

If there is a requirement to have the job done in 2 pages - you should be
certainly using one of these methods you mentioned.

You can consider making the task in one page. The ViewState will keep the
user input for you.

Greetings
Martin

me

Tnx just the link i was looking for. A pitty they suggest Server.Transfer()
which I would like to avoid for the reason mentioned earlier.

Arvind P Rangan

i.e the best way to transfer the values only u can't carry local variable
values but sure u can carry all the control values using the properties
method.
ARvind.