How to port Classic ASP pages to ASP.NET?

Kapil Maheshwari

Is there a standard way to do so , or a complete re-write of the pages
necessary ?

TIA,

Kapil

darrel

Is there a standard way to do so , or a complete re-write of the pages
necessary ?

That would have been nice, wouldn't it have?

I'd say leave it as ASP and then just rewrite it when the time comes into
..net

-Darrel

John Saunders

Kapil Maheshwari said:
Is there a standard way to do so , or a complete re-write of the pages
necessary ?

I found that it was possible on many pages to do a simple conversion. Create
a .aspx file in VS.NET with the same name, copy the .asp file into the new
..aspx file. Then, work to bring script from the .aspx file into the .aspx.vb
file, especially any looping logic. Replace instances of "If <% variable %>"
with "If variable", etc.