How to set up an all encompassing setup project

Eric

I want to be able to send a project I'm working on to someone else and have
everything, including the VS.NET stuff, come over.
I know how to set up an install to take the source, but what about all the
configuration that needs to be done?
I'm guessing I need to do the following:
1) Use acustom action to run a script to set up the DB. This must include
the proper Sql-Server user acct and permissions to the new DB so the
connection string is accurate. I want the db to use a special acct to make
all calls. The special acct must have proper perms to the DB and stored
procs.
2) Use a custom action to create an Event Log source while running in a
privelaged account so my logging will work when the app runs.
I'm uncertain as to exactly how to set up the following:
1) I can use the file editor to add the .sln and .csproj files to the
install, but how to make them have info pointing to the right place? I'd
love to see the install code for the starter kits you can get from
www.asp.net and other places as you can choose the virtual dir and locations
and it sets everything up for you. The .sln file has paths in it, how do
you avoid setting stuff up by hand?