    Anyone can give me a help?

    Thank you.

    David

    Guest, Jul 6, 2006

    sloan Guest

    IDataReader has a .GetBytes method.

    Something like this:

    object o = dataReader.GetValue (123);

    Console.WriteLine ("");

    byte[] byteCodes = new byte[8];

    long len = dataReader.GetBytes(123, 0, byteCodes, 0, 8);

    Console.Write("Byte codes: ");

    for (int i = 0; i < len; i++)

    {

    Console.Write(byteCodes.ToString("x"));

    That was getting a timestamp value (8 length). You'll need to rework it, if
    the length is unknown.

    123 represents the ordinal position of the select statement.

    Select lastname, firstname from Emp
    lastname ordinal is 0
    firstname ordinal is 1

    I used 123 so it would stand out.

    sloan, Jul 6, 2006

    Guest Guest

    thanks.
    Do you know any stored function to do it?

    David

    Guest, Jul 6, 2006
  4. Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jul 7, 2006

    sloan Guest

    sloan, Jul 7, 2006