how to upload files to "google code" filesection ?

Stef Mientki

hello,

In a program I want to download (updated) files from google code (not
the svn section).
I could find a python script to upload files,
but not for downloading.

Anyone has a hint or a solution ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki

Mike Driscoll

hello,

In a program I want to download (updated) files from google code (not
the svn section).
I could find a python script to upload files,
but not for downloading.

Anyone has a hint or a solution ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki

You should be able to use urllib to do that. The following link has a
recipe:

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/496685/

If you need to search Google Code, there's an API that appears to be
exposed through their gdata module.

Mike

Stef Mientki

Mike said:
You should be able to use urllib to do that. The following link has a
recipe:

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/496685/
thanks Mike,

I already found an even simpler solution (that works)

filename, header = urllib.urlretrieve (url)
If you need to search Google Code, there's an API that appears to be
exposed through their gdata module.
Do you have perhaps a more specific link ?
I saw the Google API's, but its'quit large / complex, so I couldnt find
it there.

cheers,
Stef

Mike Driscoll

Stef,
thanks Mike,

I already found an even simpler solution (that works)

    filename, header = urllib.urlretrieve (url)

Do you have perhaps a more specific link ?
I saw the Google API's, but its'quit large / complex, so I couldnt find
it there.

cheers,
Stef

I was looking at this page about Google Code Search:
http://code.google.com/apis/codesearch/

You should be able to use the API that's outlined there in conjunction
with the gdata module on this page:

http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/

Mike