How to use assemblies in VBScript

Mike MS

Help please

I want to use an assembly (dll) in a vbscript asp.net page.

The assembly gets a string form a XML Web Service and I want to write the
string to the Document object like
Document.write(myobjectnet.getstringfromxmlweb).

Do I need to export my assembly to COM and then use CREATEOBJECT function?
If it is correct then how do I mark this COM as Safe for scripting?

Thanks in advance

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

I haven't done it, so I can't give you the exact steps but the basic thing is
to use the Assembly Registration Tool (Regasm.exe) to make the assembly
available to COM:

"The Assembly Registration tool reads the metadata within an assembly and adds
the necessary entries to the registry, which allows COM clients to create .NET
Framework classes transparently. Once a class is registered, any COM client can
use it as though the class were a COM class. The class is registered only once,
when the assembly is installed. Instances of classes within the assembly cannot
be created from COM until they are actually registered."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ml/cpgrfassemblyregistrationtoolregasmexe.asp

Let us know how you make out?

Ken

--
Microsoft MVPs have a question for *you*: Are you patched against the Worm?
http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp