How to use RichTextBox in ASP.NET?

Neo Chou

Greetings!

I'm trying to make my ASPX page able to process WORD format document. I
learned that RichTextBox might help me, but I can't use it either by adding
it to my Web Control list or by writing "<asp:RichTextBox id="c1" />" in the
ASPX file. The error message shows "Cannot find RichTextBox in the
namespace of web controls" (something like that). Is there any way to add
RichTextBox in ASPX file? Or where can I find a substitute?

Thanks in advance!

Neo

Scott M.

A RichTextBox control is an ActiveX control, which is not native to .NET.
Use the standard Web Forms TextBox control and you should find similar
functionality. If you must use the RTB, you can right click on the ToolBox
and add it From the COM/ActiveX category.

Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Free Third Party Richtextbox

I had to integrate a richtextbox in asp.net page, frustratingly and surprisingly there is no support asp.net. anyways I came across this good article (well forum rules wont allow me post the link :-( , so google for these keywords dottostring richtextbox, and you will have your website :saint: ) on how to integrate a richtextbox effectively in a asp.net page.

hope it helps:driver: