    editor to enter tabs or spaces!

    my @arr = split(/ +/, $_, 2);

    -Thanks

    Guest, Jul 2, 2004

  2. nospam wrote:

    Hi nospam
    The first argument to split() is a good old plain regular expression. To
    find out more about regular expression please see The Fine Manual: "perldoc
    perlre" or for an introduction "perldoc perlretut"
    Just use a character class instead of the single space
    /[ \t]+/
    Details see The Fine Manual
    Did you Read The Fine Manual for the features you are using? Just use "\s""
    \s Match a whitespace character

    [...]
    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jul 2, 2004

    Joe Smith Guest

    RTFM. It's mentioned where split() is documented.
    my @arr = split ' ',$_,2;

    Joe Smith, Jul 3, 2004