How to validate input characters encoding

Peter Afonin

Hello:

How can I validate the character encoding of the textbox in ASP.Net form?
For instance, when the user fills out a form, I need to be sure that he is
typing in English (I mean uses Latin characters - not Russian, Hebrew etc.)

Thank you,

Peter Afonin

Let me answer my own question. I found an excellent validation string in the
Regular Expression Library:
http://www.regxlib.com/REDetails.aspx?regexp_id=310

It validates the length of the input string and insures that all characters
are Latin (although this probably wasn't a purpose of this validation
string). I tested it with the RegularExpressionValidator, and it worked
great.

Peter