how would you implement Intellisense experience in ASP.NET pages ???

Antonio Lopez Arredondo

hi all !!!!

I have two textboxes that should work like a dictionary or Intellisense do:

user writes in the first textbox and while he writes
text changes in the second textbox.

how would you implement such behavior ?

any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance,
ant.

PS: I am posting to both the aspnet and webcontrols newsgroups because it is
an interesting problem relevant to both groups.

THY

that should be done by javascript or any client side scripting ...

or else you gotta set the autopostback = true ...
but this is not a good idea I think ...

James Radke

What are you trying to change the second textbox to? Can you give an
example?

Jim

What THY was getting at is right, to me. A postback after each keystroke is
too much. If you send all the data to the client, in a hidden div, you can
then use JavaScript to do the filtering on the client.

kevin