howto make app1 sessions not expire while app2 is being use...

Antonio Lopez Arredondo

hi all !!!

THE SCENARIO:

Single box running many ASP.NET applications.

A single "first level" app works like a "application portal";
it is a high level app that simply does authentication and
permissions stuff and redirects users to the other applications.

The "second level" apps just do the work. we have many of them,
developed by different vendors.

THE PROBLEM:

while a user is working in a "second level" app
the session objects at the single "first level" app should not expire.

THE QUESTION:

how can we get such behavior ?

thanks in advance !!!
ant.

Chris Jackson

You have to keep posting to that application to keep the session alive. You
could potentially put something in an iFrame on each of your sub-pages, as
long as you have something on there posting - even if the only thing that
the contained page renders is a logo or something similar.