httpRuntime executionTimeout

Virag Gutgutia

Hi,
I am trying to understand the behaviour of executionTimeout attribute in the
httpRuntime element. From what I understood in the documentation that by
setting the executionTimeout i can limit how long the webserver process a
request before it throws an request time out exception.

For this I created a web applicaton in whose web.config I set the
excecutionTimeout=10. Then I created a page on whose pageload ise set the
thread to sleep for 100 secs after which I wrote a response.write. The
request exceuted propertly and not time out error came.

When this didnt work I replaced the thread.sleep with an infinite loop.
Still i didnt get a request time out. Can anybody tell me have i understood
the purpose of executionTimeout correctly or not and if my understanding is
correct what am I doing wrong.

Regards,
Virag

Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
httpruntime in debug mode does not work

content of httpruntime in debug mode does not work
you must exit your site from debug mode
with this tag in web.config:
<compilation debug="false">
</compilation>