HttpWebRequest: Processing synchronous or asynchronous

Sojwal Chitnis

Hi,

We have a asp.net web application in which we are making HTTP requests to a
remote
web server (CGI) & get response in form of XML data. We are using
HttpWebRequest
object to post the request. In case of concurrent users using our web
application:
1. On a page if there are multiple such HTTP requests, will IIS process the
requests
synchronously or asynchronously?
2. For concurrent users, will IIS use multiple threads to process the
requests
simultaneously?
We are using IIS6 on Windows 2003. Is there a setting to control this
behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Jinsong Liu

The GetResponse method and GetRequestStream method makes synchronous
calls. use BeginGetResponse,EndGetResponse, BeginGetRequestStream and
EndGetRequestStream methods when need asynchronous calls.

MSDN Library link:
ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpref/html/frlrfSystemNetHttpWebRequestClassTopic.htm