I cannot call ruby from the Windows console

Salvador Sanjuan

I have just installed Ruby 1.86.27 on Windows. I can access ruby from
the Windows start up menu, and it opens a console with ruby.

But I cannot enter the Windows console and write irb this is what
happens:

Microsoft Windows XP [Versión 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\SSanjuan>irb
"irb" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.

( irb is not recognized as a internal or external command, a program or
bat file

C:\Documents and Settings\SSanjuan>

I have used the standar ruby one click installation from
http://www.ruby-lang.org

Thanks.

Salvador