    If that's not demanding enough I can add more requirements.

    I have looked through 53 vendors so far and there are no real winners.

    Thanks in advance.

    Seth, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Seth

    Garrett Mace Guest

    Annapolis Micro Firebird, http://www.annapmicro.com/firebird_pci.html

    Bunch of stuff like the PCI speeds you require and a 1 to 2 million gate
    Virtex.

    Never tried one, though I wouldn't have to be asked twice if someone wanted
    me to play with one.

    Garrett Mace, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Seth

    GlennH Guest

    Have you looked at Nallatech? We have one of their PCI boards in use in an
    R&D project - I don't knbow all the performance details but I'm sure there's
    some Linux support.

    Glenn

    http://www.nallatech.com/

    GlennH, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Hi Seth,

    You may want to take a look at the APEX or Stratix PCI Development Kits from
    Altera: http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/kit-dev_platforms.jsp.

    The Stratix PCI kit looks pretty cool, and comes with the following
    features:
    - Stratix 1S25 device (cutting-edge fpga)
    - PCI 32-bit/64-bit, 33/66 Mhz (PCI spec 2.3)
    - 133 Mhz PCI-X (PCI-X 2.0 Mode 1)
    - 3.3V and 5V tolerance
    - 256 MB of DDR266 memory
    - On-board flash for the FPGA
    - Ethernet 10/100 and RS-232 connectors
    - A whole bunch of debugging stuff
    - Can hook up to the Nios Development Kit (which is also pretty nifty)

    Go to http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-pci_stx.html for
    more details.

    If you are interested in this dev kit, I'd talk to an Altera rep or file an
    issue with mysupport.altera.com to determine whether what you want to do on
    Linux is feasible.

    *** Best guesses below -- contact Altera to be sure! ***

    If you willing to develop the hardware under Windows, then port the device
    drivers on Linux, that looks like it can be done. The kit ships with the
    Windows version of Jungo's WinDriver software, but according to their web
    site a Linux edition is available and they claim that the driver code is
    cross-OS portable so this *should* work. Quartus is available for Linux, so
    you could do your hardware coding under Linux. But the Stratix PCI
    Development Kit Application is made for Windows, so you would have to do
    without that aspect of the tool-kit. It *is* open-source if you're the
    adventurous type!

    Good luck in your hunt,

    Paul Leventis
    Altera Corp.

    Paul Leventis, Jun 27, 2003
  5. Hi Seth,

    Have you looked at www.avvida.com?

    We make and sell a 64-bit 66-MHz board with 1 to 5 Stratix FPGAs and a
    lot of I/O and external memory.

    One of our customers is developing Linux drivers, which we can bundle
    with the board.

    Peter Sommerfeld

    Peter Sommerfeld, Jun 30, 2003
  6. Following are the links of Avnet Xilinx Virtex-II And Virtex-E
    Development Kits:

    http://www.cilicon.com/em/en/evk/home/0,1729,NAT=ALL&SID=100&TTL=&S
    RT%3DlaunchDate%26MID%3D%26CID%3D35461%26RID%3D0%26PID%3D%26LID%3D4%26CT
    P%3DEVK,00.html

    http://www.cilicon.com/em/en/evk/home/0,1729,NAT=ALL&SID=100&TTL=&S
    RT%3DlaunchDate%26MID%3D%26CID%3D36885%26RID%3D0%26PID%3D%26LID%3D4%26CT
    P%3DEVK,00.html

    ==============================
    Asfandyar Khan
    Design Engineer