i2c opencores

Tomas

Hi,

has anybody successfully used this core? What I need to do seems to me
really really simple: configure a couple of settings of a transceiver
(operation frequency, transmitting mode, etc.). I was asked to do this
with a i2c bus.

I'm stuck creating the test bench just to do some read/write test. Has
anybody a simple testbench example?

Help.

Tomas

Eric

If you have a copy of Circuit Cellar

ISSUE 176
March 2005
Control an FPGA with I2C, by Roberto Ferrabone, p. 60

There is a good I2C test bench written in VHDL. This article also has a
very good description of the I2C protocol.

It is worth the $5 to get the back issue in print.

www.circuitcellar.com

Eric

nigel.gunton

Hi,

has anybody successfully used this core? What I need to do seems to me
really really simple: configure a couple of settings of a transceiver
(operation frequency, transmitting mode, etc.). I was asked to do this
with a i2c bus.

I'm stuck creating the test bench just to do some read/write test. Has
anybody a simple testbench example?

Help.

Tomas
Hi,
I don't have a test bench but we have used it successfully with
serial Ram, an ultrasonic rangefinder & compass module all on the same i2c
bus.

Synthesised with quartus IIv3.0 to an apex20ke & nios, also to same device
in a 'pure' hardware (no processor) design. The latter was for an
autonomous mobile robot.

There are a couple of gotchas with using it, took a logic analyzer to find
them.

mail me if you need the details.

nigel g.