    anybody a simple testbench example?

    Help.

    Tomas

    Tomas, May 4, 2005

  2. Tomas

    Eric Guest

    If you have a copy of Circuit Cellar

    ISSUE 176
    March 2005
    Control an FPGA with I2C, by Roberto Ferrabone, p. 60

    There is a good I2C test bench written in VHDL. This article also has a
    very good description of the I2C protocol.

    It is worth the $5 to get the back issue in print.

    www.circuitcellar.com

    Eric

    Eric, May 4, 2005

  3. Tomas

    nigel.gunton Guest

    Hi,
    I don't have a test bench but we have used it successfully with
    serial Ram, an ultrasonic rangefinder & compass module all on the same i2c
    bus.

    Synthesised with quartus IIv3.0 to an apex20ke & nios, also to same device
    in a 'pure' hardware (no processor) design. The latter was for an
    autonomous mobile robot.

    There are a couple of gotchas with using it, took a logic analyzer to find
    them.

    mail me if you need the details.

    nigel g.

    nigel.gunton, May 19, 2005