ID of last insert from DB2 table

mark.dundon

I may have to migrate the database a Java application uses from MySQL
to DB2. I am currently assessing the impact. One item I'm currently
looking at is that of obtaining the ID of an insert immediately after
the operation.

For example with the MySQL database I would perform the following
command:

long lastInsertedID =
((com.mysql.jdbc.Statement)statement).getLastInsertID();

The statement variable is of type java.sql.Statement.

If I port over to DB2 I am concerned I cannot replace this
functionality. A method such as .getLastInsertID() is not available
from java.sql.Statement.

Is there a solution if I port to DB2?

Dundonald

I may have to migrate the database a Java application uses from MySQL
to DB2. I am currently assessing the impact. One item I'm currently
looking at is that of obtaining the ID of an insert immediately after
the operation.

For example with the MySQL database I would perform the following
command:

long lastInsertedID =
((com.mysql.jdbc.Statement)statement).getLastInsertID();

The statement variable is of type java.sql.Statement.

If I port over to DB2 I am concerned I cannot replace this
functionality. A method such as .getLastInsertID() is not available
from java.sql.Statement.

Is there a solution if I port to DB2?

Apologies. I originally posted this to .programmer when I should have
posted to .databases.

Any ideas anyone please?

Paul

I may have to migrate the database a Java application uses from MySQL
to DB2. I am currently assessing the impact. One item I'm currently
looking at is that of obtaining the ID of an insert immediately after
the operation.

For example with the MySQL database I would perform the following
command:

long lastInsertedID =
((com.mysql.jdbc.Statement)statement).getLastInsertID();

The statement variable is of type java.sql.Statement.

If I port over to DB2 I am concerned I cannot replace this
functionality. A method such as .getLastInsertID() is not available
from java.sql.Statement.

Is there a solution if I port to DB2?

IDENTITY_VAL_LOCAL() I suppose.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/admin/r0004231.htm