IE Error "operation aborted"

SKG

I have a web page with customized datagrid and a usercontrol. Sometimes iam
getting
"operation aborted" internet explorer cannot find site <web page name..>
when i click back button i see the page is loaded.

I found my viewstate has lot of junk 3 to 4 pages.
I increased temporary cache,deleted temporary files,cookies,third party
installs of the ie but still problem
persists.
Thanks!!!

Marina

View state has nothing to do with cookies, the client's cache or temporary
files - and definitely nothing to do with 3rd party installs.

The viewstate is what your datagrid and usercontrol generate - so it is
completely up to you. I've never heard of anyone getting errors due to
large viewstate though - can you reproduce this on other machines.

SKG

Marina, Thanks!! It is my guess, since i never saw that much of viewstate in
other pages.
Here is what iam doing. When user click a button on the page a modal popup
window shows up it progress and then parent page is refreshed.

I do not get this error when i run the web application on my local machine.
Its only when its accessed remotely.

Thanks!!!

Marina

But is the web browser on your machine the only one that has this problem?
It might be an issue with your install of IE.

Normally, the only problem with large view state is performance, since it
has to be transferred back and forth.