IE WebControls

Riken

Hi,
Downloaded IEWebControls.exe application & run on local machine

O/S: Win Advance Server 2000
Framework: 1.1

Notes:
* During installation its Creating folder on C: i.e C:\Program Files\IE Web Controls
* I search My Computer for 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' assembly but it's not there

Now when i am giving reference of Webcontrols in mine ..aspx file & while compiling it gives compilation error as follows. If anyone know how to solve please let me know.

Compilation Error
Namespace or type 'WebControls' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' cannot be found.

Do i require 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' assembly if yest then from where?

Thanks

Riken

Alvin Bruney

you have to build the source code into a dll then import it into your
applicaiton
regards

[...]

Natty Gur

do you look for
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll ?
---

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

WildHare

The problem is that the build.bat file references the program csc.exe to
compile and build the .dll. csc.exe is in your
\Winnt\Microsoft.NET\Framwork\v1.0xxxx {whatever your version is} directory.
You either have to modify the build.bat to give a fully qualified name to
csc.exe OR add a path to this directory in PATH environment variable OR you
can launch the "Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt" in your programs/visual
studio/etc menu and it will set up the environment variables for you...then
run build.bat in that command window.

THEN, you will have the .dll and the build directory correctly built.

Good luck