IExtenderProvider

itsenes

I'm trying to find an implementation of an extender provider for WebForms
i've read the article in msdn about using the IExtenderProvider in
WindowsForms
but i can't make it work for ASP.NET.

The article had the following note:
Note: The implementation of an extender provider for Windows Forms controls
is different from that for ASP.NET server controls.

any ideas?

itsenes

Hi and thanks for your reply, i think you meant
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ExtenderProviderComponent.asp

After setting the extended properties in the designer, when switching to
code view, i get the following error:

Code generation for property 'PropertyData' failed. Error was: 'Object
reference not set to an instance of an object.'

Someone there suggested to implement my own type converter for the
properties hashtable which i think i'll try, first chance i get.

Thanks, yiannis

Andrea Gelati \(Protocube Team\)

Hi,

Please take a look about the CanExtend method, if the type contains in the
hashtable is complex is required the initialization like this

if(this._hashTable1.Contains(extendee) == false)

{

this._hashTable1.Add(extendee, new System.Drawing.Color());

}

-- Andrea Gelati

Protocube Team,
www.protocube.com