Iframe .pdf not displaying when deployed on live server

csgraham74

I have created a web page(.aspx) that displays a .pfd page in an
iframe. It does this by building a string of html and then executing
this at a certain point. This code works fine on my development server
but not on my live system - on the live system it brings up a blank
screen.

The code links to a local path on the server for a link to the .pdf -
is this my issue ??

Does anyone have any ideas why this would happen and how i can resolve
this issue???

Code below

Dim sb As System.Text.StringBuilder = New System.Text.StringBuilder
sb.Append("<iframe height=100% width=100% frameborder=no src="
& g_str_Fname & " </iframe>")
Return sb.ToString
the g_str_Fname value is a local path e.g. C:\test.pdf

Guest

A couple of thoughts...

- Is there no error message displayed on screen or a popup by the browser?
- Since you are using a PDF as the source for the frame you may encounter
problems if the "content expiration" for the virtual containing the PDF is
set to "expire immediately"
- The location of the PDF IS in a virtual directory, isn't it?

Hope this helps...