IIS 5.0 Creating a new WEBSITE with VS.NET

Guest

I am currently using the Default Website but want to add the following:

1. A local development WEBSITE (port 81)
2. A new WEBSITE (points to another host header www.newebsite.com)

VS.NET works fine with the Default Website alone BUT the problem is when I
add these new websites and try to create ANY new project in VS.NET, I get an
"ASP.NET Version 1.1 not running" error etc...

How can I get this setup to work and be able to create projects on ANY
website?

Thx a lot

Guest

Hi Ken,

I have created a web site in my IIS 5.0. The site is not created under
'Default Web Site', but as a individual site under IIS server. I changed the
default port from 80 to 81. Now I need to browse this site from remote
machine, but I am not able to do so. Can you guide me how can I achieve this.

Thanke you.
Shailesh

Guest

Juan,

I am trying to access the site by the way. But when I try to access the site
from remote machine I am not able to browse it. How can I access the site
from remote machine.

Juan T. Llibre

Like I said, if you create an application on port 81,
you must browse to it including the port on the URL.

http://www.yourserver.com:81/
( If you have a DNS name... )

or via IP :
http://111.111.111.111:81/
( If you don't have a DNS name.
Replace the 111.111.111.111 with the real IP address )

Does the machine where you created the application
have a fixed IP assigned to it ?

Or, does it have a variable IP ?

Guest

Juan,

let me make thing clear.
I crated web site in my IIS, I have not created site under the 'Default Web
Site', but created the individual under server name. Lets assume site name as
'Myweb'.
As u know default port for all the sites under 'Default Web Site' is 80, and
I can't run more than one site on same port. So I changed the port for
'Myweb' to 81. Generally now I can browse the stie like
'http://localhost:81/default.aspx' from the machine where I hosted the site
or by giving the IP address instead of localhost from diff. machine in my
network. I dont need to browse the site outside my network.
But this way I am not able to browse the site from local as well as network
machine. Can u guide me what to do in this case.

Thank you.
Shailesh