IIS 6 & forms authentication & redirect

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Grzegorz Kaczor, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I have an ASP.NET application in my website in virtual folder A.
    This folder contains the application itself. I also have a data virtual
    directory B which contains data that can be seen by authenticated users.

    I've implemented forms authentication (with application in folder
    A) in a standard way. I've also set up a redirection in IIS so that
    every request concerning folder B (for example GET /B/a/b/c) is
    redirected to A/GetFile.aspx (so the final request is
    A/GetFile.aspx/a/b/c). This way I can protect contents of the B folder
    with forms authentication.

    Now I use the A application to find interesting documents in folder
    B. I find them and get a list of links, starting with /B... . I click on
    one of them and _I have to authenticate once again_ to get access to
    that file.

    Is it possible to perform a redirect in the same authentication
    context?

    Shall the problem occur if I make B be a subdirectory of A?

    Thanks
    Grzegorz Kaczor

    Grzegorz Kaczor, Feb 9, 2005