IIS 6 & forms authentication & redirect

Grzegorz Kaczor

Hello,

I have an ASP.NET application in my website in virtual folder A.
This folder contains the application itself. I also have a data virtual
directory B which contains data that can be seen by authenticated users.

I've implemented forms authentication (with application in folder
A) in a standard way. I've also set up a redirection in IIS so that
every request concerning folder B (for example GET /B/a/b/c) is
redirected to A/GetFile.aspx (so the final request is
A/GetFile.aspx/a/b/c). This way I can protect contents of the B folder
with forms authentication.

Now I use the A application to find interesting documents in folder
B. I find them and get a list of links, starting with /B... . I click on
one of them and _I have to authenticate once again_ to get access to
that file.

Is it possible to perform a redirect in the same authentication
context?

Shall the problem occur if I make B be a subdirectory of A?

Thanks
Grzegorz Kaczor