IIS6 doesn't include client side script

David A. Beck

I have several pages where we inlcude client side script using the following
syntax.

<script type="text/vbscript" language="VBScript"
src="<%=Session("BaseURL")%>library/common.vs"></script>

where the BaseUrl = http://localhost/ (for testing) and
http://www.blablabla.com/ for live.This works in IIS4 and IIS5 but not in
IIS6. The include is CLIENT SIDE script

David

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

What does "doesn't work" mean? What do you see when you view source? Why
does the file have a .vs extension and not .vbs? Do you have the lockdown
tool on full blast, because these scripts will probably be rejected...

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

David A. Beck said:
I have several pages where we inlcude client side script using the following
syntax.

<script type="text/vbscript" language="VBScript"
src="<%=Session("BaseURL")%>library/common.vs"></script>

where the BaseUrl = http://localhost/ (for testing) and
http://www.blablabla.com/ for live.This works in IIS4 and IIS5 but not in
IIS6. The include is CLIENT SIDE script

IIS 6 probably doesn't know that mime-type:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326965