I'm puzzled

hpsoar

I'm a junior student of computer science in a university, and I want
to earn a master degree in the near future. I have learned C+ and
Java, and have some experience in develop applications and website
with C# and asp.net. Now I determined to learn C++ really well, and I
have learned it for nearly one year. And I want to choose a direction,
in which C++ is of great use. Though I have learned many aspects, in
which C++ can be applied, but I still can't dicide which direction is
better. Can anyone give me some idea? Thank you.

Pascal J. Bourguignon

hpsoar said:
I'm a junior student of computer science in a university, and I want
to earn a master degree in the near future. I have learned C+ and
Java, and have some experience in develop applications and website
with C# and asp.net. Now I determined to learn C++ really well, and I
have learned it for nearly one year. And I want to choose a direction,
in which C++ is of great use. Though I have learned many aspects, in
which C++ can be applied, but I still can't dicide which direction is
better. Can anyone give me some idea? Thank you.

You should just try to implement any application or system that you
like. C++ like a lot of other programming languages is a 'universal'
programming language: you can apply it to almost any programming task.
It's true that for most programming tasks you can find a better
programming language, but given your goal of learning more of C++,
this should not matter.

So choose any problem you like, and write a C++ program to solve it.

osmium

hpsoar said:
I'm a junior student of computer science in a university, and I want
to earn a master degree in the near future. I have learned C+ and
Java, and have some experience in develop applications and website
with C# and asp.net. Now I determined to learn C++ really well, and I
have learned it for nearly one year. And I want to choose a direction,
in which C++ is of great use. Though I have learned many aspects, in
which C++ can be applied, but I still can't dicide which direction is
better. Can anyone give me some idea? Thank you.

The linked article lists some of the areas where C++ has been used with
success in the past. It might help you and you can then grow the list by
one more entry.

http://www.research.att.com/~bs/applications.html