Image Processing Problem. Need Help

Chris

Hello, I am writing a web application with Java. There is a function that
user can upload a picture to server, and the server will resize it. I am
using the Java API to do this function. However, the result is not very
satisfactory. The resized image quanlity is very bad.

Can anyone reccommend that any way or tool can resize image with good
quality?

Please help. My boss needs me to complete this project this week.

Regards,
Chris

maxmike

You don't explain the format of the picture. You can convert it to byte
array and send it, or if it's in a file, read it as byte array and send
it. Resizing a picture is not a server function - it's a client format
effector, so I'm not even sure I understand what you are doing.
Mike

Kevin McMurtrie

Chris said:
Hello, I am writing a web application with Java. There is a function that
user can upload a picture to server, and the server will resize it. I am
using the Java API to do this function. However, the result is not very
satisfactory. The resized image quanlity is very bad.

Can anyone reccommend that any way or tool can resize image with good
quality?

Please help. My boss needs me to complete this project this week.

Regards,
Chris

The older Java image API bites. Spend a day Googling and stepping
through code in the debugger. Try the newer Java 2D API in Java 5
because it can call through to superior graphics engines in the OS.

http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/2D/samples/java2demo/Java2Demo.ht
ml

If that doesn't solve it, write your own anti-aliased scaler in Java.
You don't have time for JNI and C++ unless you're very familiar with it.