Image Rollovers or CSS a:hover ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by RS, Jan 18, 2008.

  1. RS

    RS Guest

    Hi,
    Which method will load faster, and repond better on the client -

    onMouseOver="changeImages()"

    Or

    a:hover{
    background-image:url(images/BG.gif);
    }

    Or

    a:hover{
    background-color: black; /*change the background color on rollover*/

    Thanks in advance.

    }

    RS, Jan 18, 2008

  2. Does not work for users without javascript.
    Works for those without js, and depends on the size of the image as far
    as speed goes.
    Is always going to be faster than an image on the client.
    You're welcome.

    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 18, 2008

  3. RS

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:28:28 GMT
    RS scribed:
    As the frugal gourment implied, the prize goes to (3). That's also the one
    (uh, meaning "3") which should typically be used most of the time.

    Neredbojias, Jan 18, 2008