Implementing a Back button

Mark

We have a pretty complex web application online that has a lot of dynamic
client side stuff going on to populate dropdowns/lists with data based on
the change event of other elements.
The problem we have is that when the users click the Back button, on several
pages, when they go back, the changes they had made or things they had
selected are gone.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this so that we can make
the browser back button work with our application while still populating
data dynamically client side, or will we have to just start doing everything
server side in order for this to work??

I appreciate it. Mark