Implementing E1 - E3

Dev

Hi all,

I want to convert 16E1 lines into E3 using VHDL.

Can anybody suggest how to go about it.

thanks

Dev

Allan Herriman

Hi all,

I want to convert 16E1 lines into E3 using VHDL.

Can anybody suggest how to go about it.

This is a standard mux configuration, as defined by the ITU-T.

As a rough guess, this document may be applicable:

G.753 11-1988 Third order digital multiplex equipment operating at 34
368 kbit/s and using positive/zero/negative justification

You will need to read a large number of other ITU-T documents to fully
understand the requirements. It is best to buy the CD.
The ITU-T documents are a little "dry". I suggest reading the
datasheets for some commercial M13 mux chips (such as those from
PMC-Sierra) to get you started.

You will also need to have a good idea about how to design for a
particular jitter transfer function when using justification.

http://www.itu.int/publications/main_publ/itut.html

Regards,
Allan