Import text file

Franck Y

Hello,

I have a text file where there is

xxx=value
yyy=value
zzz=value
etc...

I would like use the from myfile import xxxx

Since it has not the extension py how can i read it ?
I know the way to do it with the open file but i think this one is
easier...
Thansk

Franck

alex23

I have a text file where there is

xxx=value
yyy=value
zzz=value
etc...

I would like use the from myfile import xxxx

Since it has not the extension py how can i read it ?
I know the way to do it with the open file but i think this one is
easier...

I don't think you'll be able to use import unless you change the file
extension to .py

If you're in control of the text file and are confident it will only
contain name=value pairs, try:

execfile('your_file.txt')