Importing excel file data from user's computer

Miguel Ramirez

Hello all,

Is there any way to import an excel file data from user's computer?

I want to read all records in the excel file and write the data in a SQL
server table.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Jon Paal

create an upload form and the user can submit the file which can then be processed on the server.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can have the user upload the file, as detailed here:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/EasyUploads.aspx

And then you can use Excel as an ADO.NET data source as detailed here:
http://www.dotnetspider.com/technology/kbpages/1080.aspx

Here are more articles on the subject of working with Excel from ASP.NET:
http://SteveOrr.net/Articles/ExcelExport.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/Articles/ExportPanel.aspx

And here are some good 3rd party products that could make your life easier
if you've got the cash:
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/AsposeExcel.aspx
http://steveorr.net/reviews/OfficeWriter.aspx
http://www.syncfusion.com/products/xlsio/