in asp.net ,does any function can replace the activex?

hhw

For example,I want a playback control which can play the stream media and
works at client.Can I use the custom control or user control but not
activex?I think activex is based on COM,but .Net use managed code.If I use
activex ,the efficiency will low.

Jerry III

You're talking about running the control on client side, it's actually
easier to do it as an ActiveX control, that way your users won't have to
have .NET framework installed in order to run it. And if you wanted to embed
a .NET code it would have nothing to do with ASP as it runs on the client,
embedded in IE (and not on the server in an ASP.NET page). There's a way to
do that, the link was posted in this group so many times...

Jerry