Include file

Miguel Orrego

Hi,

Is there any way of having an include file as a string, eg:

<!--#include file="<%=strURL%>"-->

This doesn't seem to work, I get an error:

The include file '<%=strURL%>' was not found

Is my syntax wrong or isn't this possible?

Cheers.

Evertjan.

Miguel Orrego wrote on 15 jul 2003 in
Is there any way of having an include file as a string, eg:

<!--#include file="<%=strURL%>"-->

No, the include is executed before the asp-parsing,
so that asp contents of the include get parsed too.

Try server.execute

Miguel Orrego

Sorry, I'm lying, the images were in the same folder as the page I was
calling.

I've now put copies of those images into the same folder as the page I'm
calling from and that seems to have fixed it.

Strange though that it wouldn't work with the images left as they are.

Cheers.

Miguel Orrego said:
Great, that seems to have acheived what I want, but only halfway.

When calling a file that has images, the images don't show, just get the
usual box with a cross as you would get when the image file is not found.
The images are there, but the path to them from the called document would be
../images/image1.jpg etc. Would this have an impact? Should the images be in
the same folder as the called document? Is there a way around this?

Cheers.

Evertjan.

Miguel Orrego wrote on 15 jul 2003 in
Sorry, I'm lying, the images were in the same folder as the page I was
calling.

I've now put copies of those images into the same folder as the page I'm
calling from and that seems to have fixed it.

Strange though that it wouldn't work with the images left as they are.

[please interpost and topquote]

No, not strange, the relative path probably changes to the calling page
with response execute.