    Attached file.

    Attachments:
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3100/IniParser.rb

    Madhan Nedumaran, Dec 24, 2008

  2. Madhan Nedumaran

    Dejan Dimic Guest

    After just a quick look I have to advise you to take look at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INI_file for ini file specification that
    your IniParser should take in consideration. Specially comments, keys
    outside of session, empty session in front of another session...

    The second thing you should reconsider is the way we should use this
    IniParser in real life.
    Is it wise to parse, again, ini file for every session key that we are
    supposed to read from that ini file? Just image a long ini file with
    multiple sessions and lot of keys (mysql.ini, win.ini).

    The best way will be to make a bunch of unit tests and usage samples.

    Beside the DRY you should stick to "Eat Your Own Dog Food" principle
    too.

    Dejan Dimic, Dec 24, 2008